Saturday, October 8, 2011

25th Birthday in San Antonio!!!


Peter surprised me and took me to San Antonio for my birthday. I had never been there so I didn't know what to expect. Turns out I love it. It is a beautiful, historic place.


The Menger Hotel was where we stayed. It is the oldest hotel in San Antonio, 151 years old. We kind of felt like we were staying at the Tower of Terror at Disneyland. We had a balcony view of the park.

The River Walk
Basically there is a river that runs through downtown San Antonio. It is sweet. There are shops and restaurants all along the river.

For my birthday dinner we ate on The River Walk. It was so good. I got coconut shrimp(they were huge) and Peter got quail(sounds gross but it was actually good)


We went to the Alamo. It was across the street from our hotel right in the center of downtown.

These ladies are the Daughters of the Republic of Texas
Gotta love us some Davie Crockett


Thanks Peter for such a great birthday! I love San Antonio and recommend it to anyone wanting to have a good time.



1 comment:

  1. we are also fans of san antonio! peter sounds like quite the catch - lucky girl! oh and happy be-lated birthday abby!

    ReplyDelete